Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Freeing exercise?

I have heard many times over the years...just let go. Slap some fabric together. It is such a freeing exercise. Well no offense to the people who can do that and be really happy with the results but I have come to the conclusion that it is not for me. I cannot handle all those light pieces in a row. Looks like a crazy person pieced it. Oh yea that's me the crazy person. I usually hide my insanity by placing my fabric with care. Oh well, I just have to quilt it and give it away. I know the person who is getting it will love it. Yep, I made two. I just need to hand stitch down the binding on this one. Underneath that is my Sisters quilt waiting for the same.

Do what you love!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, the clips are so funny! I only use three and keep scooting them down as I go! That's a lot of hard work, girl. When do you come out?

Quilt Hollow said...

I don't think I've ever seen so many clips holding down a binding. I'm smiling just thinking of how heavy that would be. I simply use one needle to hold binding edge just ahead of where I am stitching. The quilts are absolutely perfect! I'm like you and not much for slapping together fabric and bits. You know how they say just grab the next piece out of the bag without looking? I can't!

Shannon said...

those are some daring quilts. I have to agree with the others, you do use alot of clips. Seems to heavy for me. I don't use anything but I smooth out as I go. Here's a little secret that may help you out, I press my binding up from the right side of the quilt after I put it on. This gives it a nice edge to work with around on the back when your binding it. Hope this will help eliviate all your clips, not unless you like it that way,