Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Prize, a hot rod, monkeys and charms

So many good things to talk about. First of all, I won this fabulous piece of art from Piggy in a Puddle by E. Lindsey Hornkohl. Click on it to enlarge so you can appreciate its beauty. Lindsey is a talented artist and teacher. She even matted it nicely. I feel so lucky! Thank you Lindsey!




You can find some really cute ideas here in blogland. Like making something you have around the house into a pincushion. I seen this on Cath's blog Just Something I made. I had the perfect car just waiting to be used in my studio. It was originally a flower arrangement I bought for my Sweet Nerdy Hubby. Then the little one copped it to play for a couple of years. Now it is mine all mine!

I have been working my monkey wrench blocks.

I am about a third done. I am liking these so far.

Here are the charms. I am just making a simple throw.


4 comments:

Quilt Hollow said...

Oooooooooooo I'm loving the colors in those monkey wrench blocks! How large will you make that one?

That is a sweet idea for pin cushion too.

Carrie ~ said...

Congratulations on winning that wonderful watercolor. A treasure for sure. I love the monkey wrench block too...love those colors. It looks like it will be a good size quilt.
Happy Easter!

Shannon said...

Hey Melody, I love the new quilts your working on. I have been a little poky lately. I need to get busy. I hope you don't mind me snooping around abit on your blog.

Melzie said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog with baby congratulations. I was like whoa Melody commented? How did I comment to myself? LOL Then I realized there is another Melody blogger/quilter! I love your blog I can't believe I have never visited before (have I? ROFL) I'm adding you to my blogroll. Love the monkey wrench blocks, what would you call those colors? Civil war? Very pretty. xoxo melzie