Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August Charming Girls' Quilt Club Finishes

Coin purse zippers are all set in. I use mine for my camera.

Monkey wrench blocks done! I love them.

Raider bag done!
I used buttons from My Hubby's dress uniform. I saved them for many years.

Here is Army purse number one, finished. It is a Kimie's Quilts pattern, Pocketbook Purse. I have made this pattern many times. It is a nice gift.

Here is Army bag number 2, finished. It has many nice pockets and is a nice size for everyday.

I mad these for my Aunt and Cousin. My Cousin's little girl just joined the Army. I thought that they might like to show their pride and that they would appreciate the buttons from My Hubby's dress uniform.
So that is five finishes for August, so far. I have not finished my stitcheries or make the wallet or strawberry pincushion. I did make my tea towel. I just need to go to the post office. I am not sure if all of these finishes really count for CGQC. That is up to Kelly. I am just happy to have some finishes. I love seeing everyone's goals and finishes.



9 comments:

Quilt Hollow said...

Dang...busy gal! Wonderful finishes!! Love those Monkey Wrenches!!

Diva Kreszl said...

Wow! I am so impressed with how much you've accomplished...I really need to push myself a little harder. I've been stuck in summer mode!

allsewnup said...

Wow you're a whirlwind of activity.
I have got to get my act together and soon!!
Those bags are so cool and the monkey wrench is wonderful.

Carolyn*

Angela said...

Love it all. You are being very productive. Doesn't it make you feel so good!

Dandelion Quilts said...

You've been busy! I like that Monkey Wrench quilt...very neat. And how adorable are those little clutches with the yard print on them...great fabric choice.

Needled Mom said...

Great finishes!!! I love the use of the uniform buttons.

Michelle said...

WOW! You've gotten alot done - you must be excited! I love the purses! Very talented!!!

Cora said...

Hi Mel,

Those purses are awesome! Who joined the army -- Angela?

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

wow, i love those army bags. thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the birthday wishes.