Thursday, August 20, 2009

I get by with a little help...

...from my friend. A bounty of veggies from Spikes garden.

Major Birthday Loot! So thoughtful and perfect. I mean who finds a blueberry jam bag to go with their homemade blueberry jam? Who bakes their BFF lemon muffins and then packages them so cute? Spike, that's who! Other than my Hubby, Spike knows me best. Spike knows that I needed a timer so that I am not surfing blogs to long. Spike knows I love Lemonhead candy, anything ME, fabric, teddy bears etc... Thanks again Pal!

I also have to admit that Spike helped tremendously with the party on Monday. I would not have made it through without Spikes help. It was the hottest and most humid day! Yuck! I was miserable. The dozen children had a wonderful time and that is all that mattered. After everyone left Spike helped me finish up my monkey wrench blocks. I was so close that it only took us a little time to finish. I sewed and Spike pressed. Now for me to figure out a setting. I think I need to make some more stitchery.

Today I made the Raiders bag. I had no pattern I just winged it based on what was asked for. I hope it's at least close to what she had in mind. I just have to add a button.

That's it for now.

5 comments:

Quilt Hollow said...

So it so no wonder Spike's deer was wanting those vegies...they look devine! You've sure got a wonderful BFF to bring you such lovely b-day presents and help with the gorgeous top!! Btw...happy b-day....I didn't know.

Sherri said...

I love the monkey wrench pattern...your blocks are wonderful!

allsewnup said...

Happy Birthday![I just had one too]
Very nice collection of goodies and I'm so jealous of your veggie bootie!!

Carolyn*

Michelle said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You are such a pal!Love ya!

Michelle said...

I know it's late but 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' sounds like you had a great time & got some cool gifts.