Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valentine Sewing Party

We did it! Notice the sparkly snow flake button! My assistant is quite the fashionable five year old!


She is not letting it out of her sight.


She's doing the happy dance! Yay! It's finished!


I tried to tell her that that lining does not match but she insisted that it is the fabric she wants.


We are on a roll now. My assistant is getting really excited.


Slowly making some progress...



She has selected her charms.


My new assistant and I have come up with a plan.




Good morning fellow Charming People! I will be having a late start. I am going to be babysitting for most of the day. A friends hubby has been unexpected illness. So I get two extra kids for the day.

11 comments:

joan said...

We'll be in touch later.
Glad you can join us for a bit.

Shannon said...

This sounds like alot of fun, I wish I had time to sew today. I'm decorating a wedding for a friend, then I'll be there all night. I hope they sponsor another one, what a cute idea. Good luck on you projects.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Lovely fabrics...your new assistant looks like a great helper :)

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Lovely fabrics, your assistant looks like a great help :)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi--Love that new purse---and your assistant is sooo "cute" and helpful--give her a hug for me!!!
Have a great week-end
Hugs, Di&co

Esther said...

Hi Melody!

That is a wonderful bag! I don't blame her, I wouldn't let it out of my sight either.

Cora said...

Melody what a neat project and gift for a sweet little thing. Those sweet treats, are they real? Boy, they made me want to go out and buy some. Have a great evening.

The Quilt Buddy said...

Your assistant is so cute and she has great taste! The bag that you made is adorable.

I had so much fun at the party and I am glad that you were able to join us!

Kim said...

Your assistant is adorable:) She did a great job picking out the fabrics.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

OMGosh -- I LOVE THAT BAG!! And, I must say - I love the lining. It's perfect for a Valentine Bag- very sweet! Thanks so much for joining us -- even though you had a couple of extra kids!

trish said...

What an adorable bag!
:o) Trish