Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spring Sewing Party

I am getting ready for the Spring Sewing Party. I will be making one of the dolls designed by Sweet Meadows Farm. I already made myself some templates (I do not like to cut my patterns). I still have to choose the fabric for the clothes and hair.

Where has the day gone? I managed to trace the body parts. Then I had to make breakfast for my family.
Then I was back upstairs and stitched away!
Opp! I to pause and clean out the fuzz! Yuck!
Time to cut it all out.
Pause for some pc time.
Getting ready to stuff. Bummer, have to go cook lunch.
All stuffed. Those fingers crack me up.
Painted on the shoes. Spent some time with my family while the paint dried.
Painted on the socks. Time to cook dinner!
Still waiting for paint to dry. Stitched on four arms and a head.
Finally the paint dried and the legs are on.
What a day! I guess if we were not snowed in the guys might have needed so much of my attention. I am not sure I will finish my dolls tonight but I will try. I am going to go and see what the rest of you party people are up to.

Second update

Okay so it took me almost two hours to see what everyone is up to! Wow all the Charming people are so talented and creative. I found inspiration everywhere. So now my problem is it is getting late and I am having trouble choosing the fabric and hair for my dolls. Too many choices and not enough decisions. ;-) What do you think?
This one?
or this one?
or this one?
or this one?
or this one?
or this one?
I know I am silly but sometimes I need a little quilty input.


29 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those are adorable!

joan said...

Wow! That seems to be quite an adventurous project! So glad you are coming to the party. Can't wait to see your projects done. I know they will be gorgoeus as usual.
See you tomorrow.

Lindsey said...

So cute! Don't you just love getting together with other ladies to be creative?!

Sewn With Grace said...

Hi Melody! So glad to have found your blog through my giveaway. Looking forward to seeing the cute doll you will be creating. Have a great day!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What fun Meloday - can't wait to see them come to life - and so glad you're joining us in the fun!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

cute dolls...see ya tomorrow

Stina said...

Ahhh... this will be some fun to see them come to life... good luck...

Cindy said...

Hi Melody, I'm out visiting to check on pics of the party.

AND...to remind everyone to EAT, EAT, EAT...LOL

annieb said...

I look forward to seeing your projects- very cute!

Hooked on Quilting said...

How's the doll coming?

Hope you are having fun at the party!

Karen said...

How are you doing on the doll?

Cindy said...

Melody, these are so cute. Oh my word- I love them!!! I love them ALOT!!

Carolyn said...

Your dolls are going to be so cute! I love their painted shoes!

Kim said...

Very cute! It's fun to see them "grow" too!

Jandi said...

Amazing project! I love their shoes!

birdbrainsanddogtales said...

It's fun to see the dolls come to life. Can't wait to see them dressed.

Ulla said...

The dolls-so nice to do.The fabrics and the yarn-so "girly".Love it.

Stina said...

Love them so far... :o) Ohhh... sooo cute.. hate decisions myself... so all I can say... good luck..:o)

manuela said...

Hi Melody!
Great work! Why don't you make them different ( different dresses and hair). I would choose the brown yarn with the orange fabrics (first one), and the pink with the stripes...hope I help...
Manuela
P. S. you could do more dools and use the other combinations off yarn and fabrics, that way you don't have to choose...lol.

Liz Schaffner said...

Melody, I see your dilemma
All the fabrics are GREAT! I can't pick one either !
But if you put a gun to my head I would pick the second from the top ( just because I Love the big flower ( by whom is that fabric made??) Then again the first choice would also make a cute doll but then again I love pinks so she should be pink ...ahhhh, I can't decide.
I will just check back and see what you decided.
Hugs, Liz
P.S: The fingers also crack me up!

~Marica~ said...

Cant wait until those cute girls is ready..Great fabrics and pattern..
Good luck!

Moneik said...

Cute dolls!

joan said...

Lovely photos! Wasn't it a fun day? I am so glad you came to the party!
Happy sewing!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh wow, how cute! It was a fun party :-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Love your dolls! It was a great party

Strlady said...

wow! Loved seeing your dolls come to life. The feet looked soo funny! Can't wait to see them finished.

Loralynn said...

Darling! It was neat to see the in progress shots! I look forward to seeing the finished projects!

Sinta Renee said...

I love your little doll project! I just caught on to the weekend event... that's me a day late and a dollar short! Looks like you had fun!

sunny said...

So what did you decide on for the doll? Can't wait to see the finished product.