Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ready, Set, Go...

I am home from my little ones soccer game, score 4-2.

I am going to use this fabric . Pre-quilted Portobello Market by Three Sisters. I picked it up the other day at The Gallery. It was a bargain I could not resist. Sandy and Frank have the best prices around and markdown fabrics often. I believe this was twelve dollars a yard.


I am making bag A from the Slouchy Bags book by Cindy Taylor Oates. The pattern does not call for pre-quilted fabric but I am sure I can make it work.

11 comments:

Terry said...

Nice fabric! I can't wait to see your bag! :0)

Karen said...

Oh, how neat to have found pre-quilted fabric for your project. I love the Portobello line. Good choice. I am making basket blocks from that line of fabric.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Melody - what pretty fabric, and you got it for a bargain, too (sweet)! Can't wait to see your bag as you sew!

Anita in Florida said...

Can't wait to see your bag...the fabric is georgous!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Are there a lot of good patterns in that book? I might have to pick it up. Lovely fabric choices, Melody.

Kim D. said...

Love those fabrics and can't wait to see your bag finished. The pattern you selected is adorable.

Grethe said...

Lovely fabrics,Show us soon :-)
Happy Sewing.

Cheryl said...

Love the fabric. Would like to add this to my stash.Where did you buy the fabric? Your bag will be stunning!

Brenda said...

Very pretty fabric!

Esther said...

I love your fabric and how lucky that it is already quilted! I'd be much further down the road right now if I didn't have to quilt mine first.

Quilt Hollow said...

Love, love, love portabella! I found a clearance print for $4 a yard at my LQS last week and bought up the rest of the bolt. I always forget that I can pre-quilt my own! Geez.....you had a good find!! Looking forward to your tote.