Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm Back!

Well my bloggy friends you may have wondered where I went. My life was really busy there for a while. I went to Cali. I needed to see a certain family member and as a major bonus I was able to spend some quality time with my Sister's family. I attended my beautiful Niece's high school graduation and my Nephews kindergarten graduation. Yes, they are siblings. I also spent time with my Mama and big Brother.

Made a trip to Michael's to buy supplies for my Niece to decorate her cap. Cool huh? They did not allow this in the stone ages. ;-) The graduating class was 748 students, huge.

I attended my Niece's baccalaureate. Only about a hundred kids attended. She is a member of the choir and we were pleasantly surprised that the choir director had each of the seniors sing a solo. It was a thrill to be able to hear my beloved Niece sing. All of us cried.

Here is a random, in the car, on the freeway shot. The Pacific ocean is just beyond those palm trees.

These are the lovely flowers my cousins brought me when they drove down to visit from the LA area. I really had a great time with them, my sister and my niece that day. We took as long saying good bye as we did visiting. Every minute of everyday was packed with things to do. I did not even go to the beach or any quilt shops. I did however buy a pair of giant scissors that my sister needs to mail to me. Hint, hint Sister!

When the guys picked me up at the airport I was sick. So they took me to the ER first and then home. I had a major case of bronchitis and an acute sore throat. Go figure, I probably caught a germ on the way out there and with all the excitement and lack of sleep it took me down.

The next day was my Little One's Birthday. Fortunately, my good friend had the party at her house so the hubby and the boy went without me. Thank God for good friends!

After that was VBS. Need I say more. Summertime is filled with things to be done. Yard work, house work, laundry, running the kid around, etc...

So now or is that Sew Now! I have to get some serious cutting and sewing done. I have been a major slacker.



5 comments:

trevormusic said...

It was so nice to see you. Thanks for sending all your pics so quickly! Hope you can bring the whole family next year :)
Love you!

Shannon said...

Welocme back, I had wondered about you.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

So glad to have you back Melody! Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family! Looking forward to seeing those projects!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hey Melody, are you ready for another fun year of CGQC? hope so!

Lindsey said...

Hey, I'm so bummed I didn't get to see you when you were out, but I understand it wasn't exactly the right time for that. Glad you're back home safely and I hope Tyler doesn't have to graduate before you get to come back out.