Saturday, September 18, 2010

A little Saturday morning stitching...

First I chose a charm pack for a fast dolly quilt.

Changed the needle on my machine. These are my faves for piecing.

Quickly stitched the charms together.

Layered charmed side right sides together with backing and on top of batting. Trimmed edges to size of charm top.

Put in a few pins, so I could carry it to the machine and keep it neat. Stitched 1/4" around, leaving an opening for turning.

Clipped corners.
Turned right side out through opening.

Used a knitting needle to push out corners.

Nice and tidy.
Stitched around edges, which will close up the opening.

Quilted simply.

Wound a fresh bobbin and finished quilting.

All done.
Here it is with the half dozen dolly diapers.


I was so happy with my self I made a second one right away.




I am feeling great and can't wait to start on my next little project! I am thinking of making something to go with my new skeleton.

Happy Stitches,
Melody

6 comments:

Quilt Hollow said...

Productive and CUTE!!! Like your style!

Joanne said...

Great little quilts! Love the dolly diapers too - lots of fun!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

How cute are those! Thanks so much for sharing with us Melody! Love those dolly diapers, too!

Teresa said...

So cute....thanks for sharing.

Home and Heart said...

Just amazing!! Love! Wish I could sew!!

Alyson said...

Oh, I love the little doll diapers!! Your quilts are so cute too!!