Friday, September 17, 2010

Me time...


I meant to post on this subject sooner but here it is anyway. This Summer in Charming Girls Quilt Club we were challenged to focus on Self-Care. What a great idea.

I had already been challenged by my lovely cousin Jill to participate in the San Diego/Coronado Bay Bridge Walk/Run next Spring. Since then I have been walking with my sweet neighbor Patti almost every evening. I am thinking I may be the last person off that bridge but I refuse to give up. It will be funny when the geriatric set passes me up.

I also went camping with some of my best friends. I am not an outdoorsy girl but I had a great time. There was eight women and eight children. I was impressed by how much my son enjoyed all the outdoor activities.

Recently, I was able to get together with two of my best friends and make some of those folded charm coasters. We had a good time chatting and were able to make forty coasters for a local fund raiser. Many hands...

I also participated in a woman's event at my church. It was the launch of Girlfriends Unlimited. The idea is too have all the women come together in a large group but also to form many small groups with common interests. I am excited to form closer friendships and bonds with the women I worship with. I hope to join the walk/run group. the beading group, and maybe a sew/quilt group and attend the many events planned in the near future. This is not your mother's church club.

There is nothing more refreshing than spending time with friends to help recharge the soul. I hope that all of you get a chance to do the same for yourselves.

Wishing you many blessings,
Melody

1 comment:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a great post Melody - and so very true! Good for you - I'm so glad to see you taking time to enjoy walking and being with the girls! Keep up the good work (smile)!