I am having a bit of trouble getting and staying organized these days. Adjusting to all the demands of fifth grade for my little one. Boy do they have loads of homework for the children and the parents. It seems there is always something going on. Papers to fill out, projects to assist with and open house. Not to mention trying to get in my walking time and sleep time. Not to worry though it will all work out just fine.
I did make some time to sew. This project was not really on my list of things to stitch. I made a little wall hanging to put behind my skeleton model. With no actual pattern I just chose some fabric and went at it.
I made some nine patches.
Added some other blocks.
Those did not look right to me so I added some black.
Which became this. Yes, I made twenty four blocks and only used four. Not to worry, I will make a runner or something from the others.
I layered it up and machine quilted it, lickety split
Made a stripey binding, machine stitched it on, machine stitched it down and added a casing in back to hang it nicely. The stripes remind me of Beetlejuice and/or the wicked witch of the west's stockings. Not bad for a girl who is not into Halloween.
49 minutes ago