Saturday, January 8, 2011

Create...that's it!


 Kelly the faithful leader of Charming Girls Quilt Club has asked us to choose a word as our theme for 2011. What a great idea. After much thought I have chosen CREATE. It seems I have lost my muse the past few months and the word CREATE says it all for me right now.

cre·ate
 [kree-yet] verb, -at·ed, -at·ing, adjective
–verb (used with object)
1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes. 

2. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention. 

3. to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play. 

4. to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint: to create a peer. 

5. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: The announcement created confusion.

6. to cause to happen; bring about; arrange, as by intention or design: to create a revolution; to create an opportunity to ask for a raise. 

7.to do something creative or constructive.

—Synonyms
  originate, invent



9 comments:

sunny said...

What an excellent and creative word! I hope you create many beautiful moments and beautiful quilts in 2011.

Quilt Hollow said...

Nice word...like it! Glad to see you here today!

Sharon said...

Fabulous word you have chosen...may you have a most creative year!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I browsed your blog - you have lots of creativity. Sometimes we need that break to re-juice; whether it is a "block" or a planned time off - it all helps to get us going again.

Cora said...

Love your word choice Mel. I lost my creativity last year. Somehow I just couldn't carve out much time for myself. This year my word it "Stitch". Hopefully that will get me into my sewing room. Happy New Year!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh - great word Melody! I love it - and I need more of it - it's something I've missed! Wishing you much joy and time to create this year!!!

Sinta Renee said...

I like your word! Wishing you lots of time to create and be creative!

Linda said...

Melody, this is really a great word, beacause when you create you feel so good about yourself and make an enviroment that is so pleasing for others also.

Michelle said...

That's a great word!