Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello....how you doing?

Long time no post. I have been crazy busy. I have been trying to focus on my word CREATE. Mostly creating the life I really wanted. I have spent a lot more time with my family and am a better Wife and Mother. I am really spending a lot more time exercising and am feeling really good about my fitness level. No, I am not ready for a marathon but I am ready to walk across the Coronado/San Diego Bay Bridge. Last June when my Cousins invited me to challenge myself to do this four mile run/walk I thought I might need medical assistance. ;-)  Now I know I will have no trouble walking that four miles. I have been attending Zumba fitness classes. What fun it is to have an hour of dancing.



 So on the stitchy front I have not created much. I am playing catch up on this project. What do you think of this fabric for the borders?



I am very thankful I have the chance recently to see my little Brother. I made him this pillowcase. I love this technique. I have seen it a while back and decided to try it out. I will be using this technique from now on.



I have a long list of things to sew or quilt. Up next is the above quilt and a quilted prayer shawl for a dear friend. So what are you working on?

Happy Stitches,
Melody

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like you have been focusing on the important things in life. I am sure it must feel like you have a lot more energy with all of that exercise too. Keep up the good work.

sunny said...

I admire your commitment to getting more fit, and spending more time with your family. It's so easy to get pulled away, and forget what's really important.

Teresa said...

Congrats on your "improvements". My daughter does zumba and loves it. She is also a runner and will be doing a 10k in Charleston SC over the Cooper River Bridge next weekend. She made a tutu to wear at her Zumba class and now several of the other ladies have them too. Keep up the good work!

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your walking and that is some crazy looking bridge.

I like your border choice.